Full & Partial Dentures in Loves Park IL
Designing and creating a set of full or partial dentures focuses on the restoration of unsightly or missing teeth to regain a natural looking, visually pleasing smile. This can be accomplished using several different procedures, all personalized to your treatment plan. The team at Riverside Dental Center will always focus on preserving as many of your natural teeth as possible, to achieve an authentic looking repair, while maintaining or even improving the surrounding bone and gum tissue.
At Riverside Dental Center, we value our patient relationships, making it our priority to deliver gentle and compassionate care that you deserve from your dentist in Loves Park. We collectively focus on making you feel at ease by providing you exceptional care in a relaxed, convenient atmosphere. Our team goal is to develop lifelong relationships with our patients by combining the latest dental technology with a professional and caring staff. The result is a beautiful, healthy smile that will last a lifetime. We also emphasize preventive care and patient education because we want you to understand why it is so important to keep your mouth healthy and how to exercise daily hygiene to accomplish it. We are located at 2028 E. Riverside Blvd., Ste 210, Loves Park, IL, 61111. Please call us today at 815-877-4300 to schedule an appointment for an evaluation of the benefits of full or partial dentures for you and your smile.
Having a complete set of teeth can dramatically impact your quality of life. If you are missing a noticeable portion of your teeth, your social situations might become stressful and embarrassing if you find yourself hiding your natural smile.
Dentures are a proven traditional option if you need to replace partial or full arches of teeth. Dentures can protect your gums, improve the complete functionality of your mouth, and allow you to share your renewed confidence with a restored healthy smile.
Are You a Candidate for Full or Partial Dentures?
If you are currently in any of the following situations, you may be a perfect candidate for denture treatments:
- You are missing the majority or all your natural teeth.
- You are needing multiple extractions from tooth decay.
- Your gums are receding from disease or age.
- You do not have adequate bone integrity or density for dental implants.
The Different Types, Full and Partial Dentures
You do not need to have all your natural teeth missing to get dentures. There are distinct types of dentures available if you are needing restoration options for missing teeth:
- Full Sets- When you first consider dentures, you often think of a complete set. If you need a full set of dentures, you are missing all your teeth in one arch, requiring a full mouth of replacement teeth to restore a functioning and healthy smile.
- Partial Sets- If you have some healthy natural teeth and might be considering dental implants in the future, you can receive a partial set of dentures. These are made to rest on your gums next to existing teeth and can be changed as dental implants are added.
The Denture Procedure at Riverside Dental Center
- Dental Impressions- An impression allows the personalization of your dentures, so they fit securely and comfortably on your gums. We take an impression to create your appliance. If you need extractions of decayed or damaged teeth first, Riverside Dental Center will wait to take your impressions after your gums are healed.
- Wax Rims- To accurately measure your bite alignment, we will use a set of wax rims. Placing the rims in your mouth allows us to measure how the dentures will need to be created to achieve a healthy bite.
- Customized Teeth- Your team at Riverside Dental Center will allow you to customize your dentures. By choosing the shape, size, and shade of false teeth to be used, you can achieve the look you want for your restored smile.
After obtaining the measurements and details, we send the information to the dental lab for the fabrication of your appliance.
- Trial Fit- To help you get accustomed to the feel and look, we will create a temporary set. This trial also helps us make small adjustments needed for the fit and shape of the dentures before creating your final set of full or partial dentures.
- Final Fitting- When the temporary set has been approved, the dental lab will create the final personalized partial or full denture. You will return to Riverside Dental Center for your final fitting to make any minor adjustments needed. We want your dentures to feel secure and comfortable before leaving this appointment to prevent any discomfort.
- Check-Up Appointment- In some cases, check-up appointments may be beneficial if you are unhappy with the fit. Tight or loose-fitting dentures can cause sores or swelling, discouraging you from wanting to wear them as needed. Schedule an appointment with Riverside Dental Center at the first sign of an issue to avoid discomfort and to help you get used to your new dentures quicker.
Meet Dr. Dimke
Dr. David Dimke is a compassionate and skilled dentist who has been serving patients for over 20 years. As the team dentist for the Rockford IceHogs, he understands the importance of precision and excellence in his work.
Meet Dr. Hermanson
Dr. Joshua Hermanson is a talented dentist who is passionate about helping his patients achieve their best smiles. He has a gentle and caring approach to dentistry and is committed to providing exceptional care to each patient.
Meet Dr. Zammuto
Meet Dr. Peter Zammuto, a passionate dentist who graduated from Midwestern Dental in 2015 and has been providing exceptional dental care for 8 years. He is passionate about helping his patients achieve optimal oral health.
Meet Dr. Konieczki
Dr. Corey Konieczki is a talented and experienced dentist who is passionate about helping his patients achieve healthy and beautiful smiles. He was born and raised in Rockford, Illinois and is proud to serve his local community.
Proper Care for Your Dentures
There is no surgery involved with your dentures, so there is minimal discomfort expected. It is often common for upper dentures to feel tighter, while the lower dentures can feel looser. If you are experiencing loose-fitting dentures, there are various adhesive products available to help secure your dentures. If your loose-fitting dentures are causing sores, you will need to see us for an adjustment.
You should wear your dentures during your waking hours and then remove them at night for proper daily cleaning. You may find the hardest adjustment is create the habit of wearing your dentures every day. Dentures change your appearance and your chewing habits, which may cause you to feel a bit self-conscious at the beginning. Be patient during this transition and remember your dentures will feel more natural as you wear them more.
Superior Dentistry with A Personal Touch
The entire team at Riverside Dental Center believes that you should have sufficient information to make educated and informed decisions about your oral health, treatment options, and the choice of your dentist in Loves Park. You will find all this essential information on our website, including directions to our Loves Park office, service descriptions, patient forms, patient education resources, and more.
We are located at 2028 E. Riverside Blvd., Ste 210, Loves Park, IL, 61111. Please call us today at 815-877-4300 to schedule an appointment for your dream smile. Let us smile together.