Porcelain Veneers in Loves Park IL
Porcelain veneers are wafer-thin pieces of porcelain that will cover just the front surfaces of your natural teeth. These thin shells are bonded on the tooth and are a cosmetic alternative to traditional crowns.
If you are wishing to improve aesthetic dental issues regarding the shade, spacing, or even the size of your teeth, then you may want to consider porcelain veneers. Porcelain veneers can correct cosmetic concerns ranging from discoloration, cracked or chipped teeth, tooth spacing, and mild crowding.
At Riverside Dental Center, we value our patient relationships, making it our priority to deliver gentle and compassionate care that you deserve from your dentist in Loves Park. We collectively focus on making you feel at ease by providing you exceptional care in a relaxed, convenient atmosphere. Our team goal is to develop lifelong relationships with our patients by combining the latest dental technology with a professional and caring staff. The result is a beautiful, healthy smile that will last a lifetime. We also emphasize preventive care and patient education because we want you to understand why it is so important to keep your mouth healthy and how to exercise daily hygiene to accomplish it. We are located at 2028 E. Riverside Blvd., Ste 210, Loves Park, IL, 61111. Please call us today at 815-877-4300 to schedule an appointment for an evaluation of the benefits of porcelain veneers for you and your smile.
The Porcelain Veneer Procedure
There are three stages of the porcelain veneer process: the consultation, the preparation, and the placement.
- The Consultation- To clarify that porcelain veneers will be beneficial; you will start with a consultation appointment with Riverside Dental Center. By reviewing your goals and health objectives at this evaluation will help us determine together if porcelain veneers are an appropriate solution. If confirmed, we will next review the color shades available.
- Preparation Phase- With your preparation stage, we begin by making room for the veneers to be placed over your teeth. We will remove a very thin layer of the tooth enamel. This procedure is painless, but we can offer anesthesia if you are feeling uncomfortable or anxious. Next, your team at Riverside Dental Center will take an impression of your teeth to use as a model to create the perfect shape we are seeking with the veneers. We will also confirm the appropriate shade of porcelain to match your teeth or your selected color if we are correcting discoloration. Your veneers will now be created at the dental lab before they are ready for bonding.
- Placement- The final appointment is your reward. Your veneers are ready for final placement, and you get to leave with your improved and healthy smile. First, we confirm the veneers match the color and shape desired. We may need to trim ever so slightly before the bonding begins if they need slight modification. After your veneers are approved, we will do final preparation to your teeth by performing a general cleaning, polishing, and etching. Etching means to roughen up the surface by using an abrasive dental liquid so the veneers will adhere to the teeth. Finally, a bonding cement is applied before placing the veneers over the teeth. If the cement needs assistance in drying, a light is used to quicken the drying process. When the cement has cured, you are finished.
Different Versions of Veneers Available
There are several types of veneers options available to restore your smile. Riverside Dental Center will review these options during your consultation appointment to ensure we make the best choice for your lifestyle:
- Porcelain- The most popular option, porcelain is both durable and long-lasting. The thin ceramic layers are comprised of enamel and dentin to duplicate a natural look and an excellent fit. There will be some minor reduction in your natural tooth size to accommodate this choice.
- Composite- If you are seeking a more affordable restoration, composite veneers can be a viable option. There will be little preparation needed before placing this restoration. Composite veneers can be just as effective in correcting cosmetic dental issues. They do not have the life expectancy of porcelain, requiring replacement sooner.
- Prepless- This solution requires no reduction to the surface of the natural teeth before the placement. Prepless veneers are extremely thin porcelain shells that lay over the teeth just like traditional porcelain veneers. These might not be a good option if you are looking to correct several cosmetic dental issues.
- Minimal Prep- As the name implies, minimal prep veneers are placed with truly little preparation to the teeth. A small amount of the surface of the tooth is still removed before the veneers are placed, allowing you to keep more of your natural tooth structure in comparison to traditional porcelain veneers.
Meet Dr. Dimke
Dr. David Dimke is a compassionate and skilled dentist who has been serving patients for over 20 years. As the team dentist for the Rockford IceHogs, he understands the importance of precision and excellence in his work.
Meet Dr. Hermanson
Dr. Joshua Hermanson is a talented dentist who is passionate about helping his patients achieve their best smiles. He has a gentle and caring approach to dentistry and is committed to providing exceptional care to each patient.
Meet Dr. Zammuto
Meet Dr. Peter Zammuto, a passionate dentist who graduated from Midwestern Dental in 2015 and has been providing exceptional dental care for 8 years. He is passionate about helping his patients achieve optimal oral health.
Meet Dr. Konieczki
Dr. Corey Konieczki is a talented and experienced dentist who is passionate about helping his patients achieve healthy and beautiful smiles. He was born and raised in Rockford, Illinois and is proud to serve his local community.
The Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are often used to correct:
- Teeth that are discolored or stained.
- Teeth that are cracked, chipped, or broken.
- Stains from tetracycline or other medications.
- Large resin dental fillings.
- Staining from fluoride treatments.
- Teeth with unsightly gaps or spacing between them.
- Teeth that have become worn down.
- Teeth that are uneven, misaligned, or irregularly shaped.
Porcelain Veneers Aftercare
After your veneers are placed you may experience some tooth sensitivity when encountering hot or cold foods and drinks. This side effect will disappear in a few weeks but call us if the sensation lasts longer or continues.
After achieving your new healthy smile, you will want to maintain your veneers properly to ensure a longer life expectancy. If you grind or clench your teeth, you need to wear a nighttime mouth guard while sleeping. Veneers cannot tolerate clenching and twisting and can crack or fracture. We will also suggest you try to avoid hard foods such as dense nuts or ice which can cause also stress your veneers.
Superior Dentistry with A Personal Touch
The entire team at Riverside Dental Center believes that you should have sufficient information to make educated and informed decisions about your oral health, treatment options, and the choice of your dentist in Loves Park. You will find all this essential information on our website, including directions to our Loves Park office, service descriptions, patient forms, patient education resources, and more.
We are located at 2028 E. Riverside Blvd., Ste 210, Loves Park, IL, 61111. Please call us today at 815-877-4300 to schedule an appointment for your dream smile. Let us smile together.